Today’s multifunction devices can be a big investment. To get the best ROI, it’s important to take stock of all the features and functionality your MFP provides.
Is your team utilizing all of the features your multifunction printer offers? Let’s look at three types of MFPs and some of their underutilized features.
Types of Multifunction Print Devices
Manufacturers separate their products into categories to make it easier for consumers to differentiate their core use. There are differences between copiers within each category and across categories. Some may offer faster print times, while others may offer a deeper feature set. While there isn’t a “standard” definition, most MFPs fall into one of three categories:
- All-In-One – Typically, smaller desktop devices that are suitable for home or home-office use. Most offer some additional features like a digital camera card reader or advanced wifi capabilities.
- Small Office Device – The small office device comes as both a large desktop or smaller stand-alone unit, depending upon your needs. Larger units offer advanced features and can typically print, scan, fax, and copy.
- Office Copier – Mid-sized or larger units offering a wealth of features including networked document storage, custom software support, user authentication, and encryption.
Lesser-Known Features of MFPs
Most MFPs will offer at the minimum copy, fax, scan, and print capabilities. Here are some of the lesser-known features that can help take your business to the next level.
- Advanced Finishing – Some machines offer advanced finishing and folding capabilities including duplex-printing, cover binding and stapling. Many devices can also handle multiple paper sizes and offer multiple paper drawers.
- Fax – Did you know that the fax machine in many MFPs can also function as an answering machine? With a networked copier and user authentication, the copier can automatically deliver voice messages to designated users.
- Scanning – You can scan documents directly into other programs allowing you to digitize office workflows. Scanned documents can be edited, shared and stored on the cloud.
Want to learn more about multifunction print devices? Give us a call and let us show you how an MFP can transform your office and grow your business!