Did you know that outdated equipment and inefficient workflows could be costing your company big time? With a little creative problem solving, a new approach and updated print devices you can get your print environment under control and dramatically reduce your costs in the process.
Here are five tips to get your print environment under control!
- Replace Old Equipment – Older printers might still function but at what cost? Any device seven years old or older is outdated, lacks functionality and is most likely energy inefficient. They require more repairs, go offline periodically, and increase your energy costs. When you upgrade to newer technology you gain functionality and the improved energy efficiency can often more than make up for the cost.
- Reign in Purchasing – Uncoordinated purchasing can result in a roomful of excess toner and paper, tying up capital and taking up space. If you don’t have a dedicated print manager, appoint a point person to coordinate and monitor purchasing and keep track of stock.
- Automate Workflows – Digital document solutions can make managing your print environment more efficient and eliminate unnecessary printing, reducing waste. Not only are digital solutions cost effective they can improve security and keep private information safe.
- Take Your Office Paperless – Digital document solutions reduce your use of toner, paper and other consumables and reduce waste – all saving you money. While it may not be practical for every department, if a document can be digitized or a process automated, it should be!
- Reduce IT Calls For Print Problems – Getting IT involved troubleshooting printer breakdowns or clearing paper jams might reduce employee frustration, but it also takes their focus away from critical IT issues. Avoid dealing with productivity killers like this by identifying problem areas in your print infrastructure, then taking steps to solve them. If you need help, consider hiring a professional like a Managed Print Services provider.
Managing your printing infrastructure and creating digital document solutions can make day-to-day operations run smoothly and help get costs under control. Ready to learn more? Give us a call and let us show you how we can help get your print environment under control.
P.S. Why not schedule a free print assessment! Click below to get started!