The COVID-19 pandemic has changed everything for many businesses, causing stress and anxiety for business owners and employees alike. But maintaining a positive attitude is important. It can help you make better decisions, improve your physical resilience, and even boost your immunity. These ideas can help you keep yourself and your employees feeling positive.
- Be Mindful and Supportive – Living through the pandemic has brought out a wide variety of emotions, and it’s important to acknowledge and deal with them. It can be helpful to use a meditation app to center your thoughts. It’s also important for your team to provide support to each other – and not just about work-related matters. Encourage employees to share updates on how they’re dealing with the pandemic at home and how they’re feeling. Sharing what everyone is grateful for is also a good way to keep everyone positive.
- Get the Facts – There is so much conflicting information out there, how can you know what’s true? Use reliable sources, such as the CDC and local government webpages to get and check your information, rather than news headlines or social media. This ensures you’re working with actual data when making choices, not rumors or hype.
- Establish a Daily Routine – Your day might look different now than it did in January, but routine is still important. Set an alarm to get up for the day, get dressed, and start your work day at the same time each day. Remember to take a break for lunch, and breaks to get up and walk around periodically. Setting a routine helps you feel in control of your day and boosts your mood and attitude.
- Take Care of Your Physical Health – The middle of a pandemic is no time to ignore your health. Be sure to get plenty of sleep on a regular schedule, eat healthy meals, and get exercise and fresh air daily. This is important not only physically but mentally.
- Celebrate Accomplishments – Take the time to notice and point out when your employees are accomplishing their goals, especially if they’re standing out above the crowd. Celebrate your own accomplishments as well. This is a tough time for everybody – find the good!
The world has dramatically shifted in the past several months, leading to uncertainty and anxiety. Staying positive can help make this time easier for you and your employees.