The Coronavirus has changed the way we live and work. As we all begin to adjust to our new normal, it’s important to know how to clean and disinfect your shared office devices. In most offices, the printer is a device almost everyone will touch or use on any given day.
While common household cleaners are excellent germ fighters, don’t use them on your electronic devices as they may contain chemicals that could be harmful to your machine. Here’s is how we recommend you clean and disinfect your printer, copier, or MFP.
- Power down and unplug your device. Leave it unplugged until you’re sure it’s 100% dry, then plug it back in and boot it up.
- Never spray any cleaning agent directly on your device.
- We suggest moistening a clean, soft, lint free, cotton cloth with a mixture of 70% isopropyl alcohol (rubbing alcohol) and 30% water and then wiping the device gently.
- Only use cloths or rags once and then dispose of them.
- Use only glass cleaner on the plate glass and wipe it with a lint-free cloth.
- Never use tough paper towels on glass plates or screens as they can scratch.
If you’d like more information on protecting your office from Coronavirus, visit the CDC website.