Do you spend time every day looking for information? A recent McKinsey report found that your employees spend an average of 1.8 hours searching for information each day. That’s 9.3 hours per week!
Today, information retrieval can be easy. It doesn’t have to mean 10 hours of lost productivity every week!
A digital document system organizes documents, making them easier to access and stores them in a centralized location. Making your information easy to find saves time, which your team can redirect toward mission critical tasks. A document management system is the perfect way to streamline processes while simplifying document search and retrieval.
The Benefits of Digital Document Management
Besides saving time, a digital document management system will provide you with many benefits, including:
- Centralized Management – Converting paper to a digital format makes it easier to categorize, organize, store, and digitally dispose of documents. Files can be searched using keywords, phrases, tags, or categories.
- Easier Collaboration – Digital document management systems allow your team to share ideas and collaborate in real-time. This can mean less time spent on projects, making it easier to pass them on to the next team member. Changes are saved and multiple versions are created to track the document’s journey.
- Enhanced Security – Managed document systems are safe and secure. Managers can limit access based on need. All modifications and changes are tracked and audit information is automatically saved in the document’s history.
- Easy Search and Document Retrieval – Document management helps to streamline the file retrieval process by allowing you to search for a document using various criteria, for example, keywords or phrases, dates, file numbers, tags, categories, and more. That means documents can be retrieved with a mouse click. No more sifting through piles of paper.
- Environmentally Sustainable – When you make the switch to digital documents you save a significant amount of toner and paper. The paperless office is a step in the right direction. A document management system is more sustainable, and will also improve cost efficiency.
A document management system is an environmentally friendly way to organize, store and edit all types of documents. Ready to learn more? Call today and let one of our reps show you how a document management system can help you grow your business!