Between the paper, the toner, the storage space required and the electricity it takes to run your document devices, no wonder cost control is a top-of-mind issue for many office managers.
By taking the first major step – replacing multiple printers, copiers and scanners with an “all in one” or multifunction printer (MFP) with Xerox ConnectKey technology – you can help realize cost savings while you streamline the document process and accommodate the work styles of today’s remote and mobile users.
Your ConnectKey system allows you to use preferences and defaults to control the resources you use and the power it takes to run the printer.
Your managed print services (MPS) provider can take a role in not just setting up your ConnectKey system, but in training users to get the most out of the technology while controlling material costs.
Stakeholders can quickly learn, for example:
- How to select double-sided or “two up” documents instead of single-sided ones;
- How to adjust fonts, page breaks, headers and footers to increase the print area, saving more paper;
- How to use Print Preview to ensure that each sheet of the document is formatted correctly, which reduces waste paper;
- How to route faxes via email to share documents more quickly while dramatically reducing paper usage;
- How to eliminate material-wasting banner pages by defaulting out of that unneeded separator page; and
- How to save toner by defaulting their everyday print settings to gray scale or “draft” mode – the savings in costly color toner add up quickly!
Xerox Standard Accounting (XSA) adds control
As an office manager; you can use XSA functionality that puts more control of the device into your hands:
- Set limits on the number of print, copy, scan and fax jobs that a user can perform. Limits can be reset remotely at any time.
- See a rundown of device activity at the individual, group or department level.
- Control user access to color options for print and copy jobs that can otherwise suffice with less-expensive black toner.
- Bill individual internal or external clients to help them understand their role in cost control.
- Customize capabilities for walk-up users to limit the device functions to the ones needed most for business use
These accounting services are compatible with Pcounter, Ysoft and Equitrac. You can check and change XSA preferences remotely, from any Internet-connected device.
Watch how much you use … and save
Stay up to date on your resource usage with ConnectKey’s Earth Smart feature.
- From the Start menu, you can access the Paper/Output tab screen.
- A small green box at the bottom of that screen indicates Earth Smart settings.
- Selecting that box lets you not only change your print preferences to control costs, it also shows you how much paper you’ve saved to date by employing double-sided printing, remove-banner option and other ConnectKey features.
The savings add up
It takes only minutes to set up the ideal print preferences for your organization, and tracking your savings is made easy. Ask your local Xerox agent about all the advantages of ConnectKey for your office.
To find out how much your business is currently spending on print, click here for your free print assessment: